Khattar Khan had six sons:
1) ISA KHAN
2) SEHRA KHAN
3) PEHRU KHAN
4) JAND KHAN - The descendants of Jand Khan took possession of the district called after them JANDAL, between Khushhalghar and Nara, and the other sons settled in the neighboring areas, driving out the Gujars and even their own kinsmen the Awans.
5) SARWAR KHAN - The descendants of Sarwar Khan found their way to southern edges of Kala Chita Pahar and subjugated the locals and called as SARWAL. Today these Khattars are inhabiting the villages of Mithial, Basal, Thutta and Domail.
6) FIROZ KHAN - From Firoz Khan has the DREK family descended. His great grandson was RATNAH, from whom have descended the clan known as RATTIAL. Two generations later were ISA KHAN and BALU KHAN.
- ISA KHAN offspring formed the clan ISIAL, whose location is in Choi Gariala and Dher, to the South of Barota.
- BALU KHAN have sprung the BALWANS who inhabit Darotah, where the river Haroh flows into the Indus.
- GHOR KHAN, the great nephew of Balu Khan, founded the GHARRAL clan who live at Akori.
- The best of Balwans chiefs was GHAIRAT KHAN who left his home and went to seek his fortune at Dehli, where he entered the service of an officer of the court, and gradually rose in favor till he was able to return home with a portion of the Khatar country, as an imperial grant, in jagir.
- Ghairat Khan second son, ZUL KADAR KHAN, rebuilt the village of Drek, which had been founded long before by the Awans and named Rashidpur, which had fallen into ruins.
- SALABAT KHAN, grandson of Ghairat Khan, founded Kot Salabat Khan and Zindai.
Other LINKS for information on KHATTARS